Thursday, November 13, 2003

Cidade de Deus

This evening we went to Sturebiografen to see a movie. Janne won tickets, otherwise this is probably not the kind of movie we would have choosen to see. The movie was "Cidade de Deus" ("Guds stad" in Swedish) which is about the most dangerous favela in Rio de Janeiro. Lot's of violence and lot's of drugs, but also very interesting since it is based on a true story. And I suppose it shows what life is like there, which is good to see, because as a tourist, maybe you think that Rio is only beaches and beautiful sights, and don't really know about this. I thought the movie was very good, and I'm glad we won the tickets so I got to see it.



Yesterday evening I looked at an apartment in Skarpnäck. I was offered this apartment by Stockholms bostadsförmedling (housing department in Stockholm) but was number 16 in line for it, so I guess the chances to really get it wasn't very big anyway. It was a two-room apartment, twice the size I have now, and with a huge balcony. But - it was too expensive for me, 4500:- (about $ 585) and the area is probably not the nicest, but then what could be worse than Flemingsberg where I live now? Well, I turned it down because of the rent, but will look at another one in the same area on Monday.

The rest of this week I've mostly been studying and studying and studying... we have to write assignments before almost every lecture so that's keeping me busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home